Tuesday, April 1, 2008

"We appreciate the opportunity to serve you"

I love customer care service in the US. I am and I will always be a very annoying customer in this country. Why? Because here I can. It’s pretty much like the Russian immigrants who had a considerable part in the falls of the Israeli governments in the 90s. Why? Because for the first time they were able to fully exercise their political rights. Likewise, I come from a country, Belgium, where to have my brand new Sonicare toothbrush charger repaired or replaced I had to engage in a 3-month long email exchange with Philips' customer care whose only outcome was a very long email with instructions on how to operate the toothbrush. In Dutch.

Only one year later, when I moved to NY, I was able to finally enjoy my toothbrush thanks to Philips' US customer care; 5 minutes on the phone with an agent and a new charging station was delivered free of charge within three business days. Now you're talking!

Last week it was the food processor's turn. I left the cover on the cooker while I was making dinner and the heat melted it. I contacted KitchenAid. My argument was pretty much along the lines of "your instructions booklet doesn't say the product is not designed to resist the effects of a nuclear reactor explosion". My new cover should be arriving within 7-10 business days, free of charge. Dank u wel!

2 comments:

Giovanni Stoto said...

Gotta admit that here in Brussels already a couple of times I brought back a purchased item to the shop, stating it was not working well, and with no further questions I got $$$ back, but they were isolated cases...

Belgian stupidity and slowness rules this country above all.... :-D

Anonymous said...

la foto è drammatica
s.