Sunday, May 18, 2008

A Desperate Finale

The other night we went to a very popular bar in the West Village to meet some friends. They were Belgians and I thought that, like all Belgians, they were friendly, good-natured and genuine people. Plus, they take their beer seriously and deserve the highest admiration and praise for that.

Belga-Giclee-Print-C10112528However, all this Belgian goodness surrounding me made me feel guilty about all the fritoland-bashing stuff I write on my blog. I had to order another drink to wash off the guilt. Guilt-free, I looked around and suddenly realized people were dressed in roaring 20's flappers and gangsters outfits. I turned to my husband:

Me: I like this place, it’s cool.

Husband: we never go to bars.

Me: well, that’s because this is a hook-up bar and you’re not supposed to go to hook-up bars with your husband.

Husband: all bars in Manhattan are hook-up bars.

Me: then what’s the added value I get from living in Manhattan?

Husband: you don’t have to wait one year to watch the new episodes of Desperate Housewives?

Right, and tonight is the grand finale: time to grab that remote control, stand up and sing the American national anthem as a token of profound admiration and deep gratitude and knock myself out on the couch.

5 comments:

Giovanni Stoto said...

what about LOST: has the 4th season started again?

Silvia said...

con lost e' andata a finire male. Ci siamo persi troppe puntate durante la stagione degli ospiti e ora non riusciamo piu' a seguirlo. Tocchera' rivederselo in dvd o sul sito... che noia!

Giovanni Stoto said...

si ma a che punto sono in america?

io qui sono riuscito a vedermi (scaricate ovvaimente) le prime 8 punate della quarta stagione

Silvia said...

ecco, bravo, mettile su un DVD e mandamele!!

Giovanni Stoto said...

eeeeeeehhhhhhhhh, ma erano in versione palmare, troppo piccoli per la tv, ma se hai u-torrent ci metti poco a trovarle tutte sul p2p.... oooopsssssssss ;-)